Smelly Feet Treatment Information
Smelly Feet is a common
and very embarrassing problem. It generally occurs due to
excessive sweating. Sometimes, it may be due to wearing shoes
and socks for long periods of time, or wearing
synthetic/nylon socks, or not changing your socks
and shoes frequently. Smelly feet (foot odor; malodorous;
bromhidrosis) can be embarrassing
and uncomfortable. Fortunately, there are a number of things
that can be done to help.
To avoid smelly feet:
1. Use clean socks
and change them daily. Thick, cotton socks can be a
lifesaver.They absorb perspiration
and provide a layer between your foot
and the shoe.
2. Dry your feet thoroughly after your bath. In
fact, sit under the fan for a few minutes to dry them completely.
3. Use an antifungal powder, especially between
your toes, after cleaning them with eau de cologne. You may need to
4. Deodorant spray in addition.
5. Do not wear the same shoes everyday.Change
them on alternate days.
Preventing smelly feet
It is relatively easy to control most cases of
smelly feet by taking number of preventative steps:
• Good foot hygiene to reduce bacteria to low
levels is the first place to start
• Bathe your feet daily in lukewarm water with a mild soap
and dry thoroughly, especially between the toes.
• Change your socks at least once a day (change your shoes as well
if you do sweat a lot).
• Dust your feet frequently with a foot powder (always wipe beteen
the toes to remove excess moisture, so that it does not 'clog'
between the toes).